Hawaii could become the first state in the USA to generate 100% of their electricity via renewable energy by 2045. This may sound somewhat unachievable, but with the advances in technology it may not sound as crazy as it seems (we went from an airplane to a spaceship within 50 years!).
Why does Hawaii want to pass this law? Well here is the breakdown:
- Hawaii imports 93% of all its energy
- Residential electricity bills one of highest in USA
- Hawaii already produces 22% of energy via renewable sources
How would they achieve this?
Using a variety of already available renewable sources, but by also using the advances in technology to better utilize the power generated. Renewable resources include: hydroelectric, biomass, wind, solar and hydrogen fuel cells.
As you can see Hawaii has what it takes to achieve their proposed target by 2045 which would certainly help them be more independent as long as Gov. David Ige approves the bill. We then may see many more states following Hawaii in an attempt to become “clean”.
Only time will tell as to how this plays out.
It seems as though the financial market is more interested in advancing cleaner energy sources rather than preventing climate change, but if it leads to the same goal of reducing our carbon footprint then I guess we can all be happy.
Latest posts by CitizensReport (see all)
- Weight Loss And Other Benefits Of Apple Cider Vinegar - April 15, 2017
- Treating Insomnia: The Most Common Sleep Disorder - March 16, 2017
- How To Relieve Back Pain Naturally - March 7, 2017