This robotic surgical system has caused patients many severe surgical issues such as needing an additional, emergency surgery.
da vinci Robotic Surgery Side Effect Lawsuit
The da Vinci Surgical System is commonly used for prostatectomies, heart valve repair, and gynecological procedures. This robotic surgical system has caused patients many severe surgical issues such as needing an additional, emergency surgery. If you or a loved one has suffered due to the da Vinci Robotic Surgery, compensation may be available.
To participate in this lawsuit you must meet the following requirements:
- you must have undergone da Vinci robotic surgery
- you must have needed emergency surgery to correct damage or suffered from bladder injuries, bowel injuries, creation of fistulas between organs, damage to or rupture of organ’s tissues or vessels, internal bleeding, burns, or tears, lacerations, a pelvic abscess, sepsis or another life-threatening infection requiring extended hospitalization, or you must be representing someone who died
- you must not already have an attorney
The legal action against the da Vinci Surgical system is structured as a mass tort lawsuit (learn why that’s important to you). Unlike class action lawsuits, a mass tort lawsuit treats each claimant (victim) as an individual. What this means to you is that a separate, individual lawsuit against the manufacturer is filed upon your behalf. It is worth noting that settlements in these cases often result in large sums of money being awarded to the claimant; the majority going to you and a much lesser amount to the attorney. Also there is NEVER any upfront payment to the attorney or any out-of-pocket expenses for which you are responsible.
[button link=”http://evidencespeaks.com/robotic/index.php?cid=228&afid=34&usid=robotic-surgery-settlements-2&sid=cr2014″ size=”medium” style=”default” target=”_blank”]Click Here for a Free, No Obligation Case Evaluation[/button]
Da Vinci Robotic Surgery and Its Side Effects
Da Vinci Robotic surgery is usually a surgery performed using a robotic machine for laparoscopic surgical procedures (minimally invasive, “keyhole” surgeries). In this surgery, the surgeon does not get involved directly in the operating procedures. Instead, they control the robotic equipment through a console, staying a few feet away from the patient. This surgical procedure is currently considered to be the least invasive process while the robotic hands offer a wide range of movements in comparison to a human hand. However, the surgical procedure is quite tricky since it requires a lot of training before a doctor perform the procedure.
There are several reasons why this procedure is far trickier than other surgical procedures and can lead to several dangerous side effects. First off, there are chances that the robotic device can malfunction during the surgery, which can cause an injury to the patient. To rectify that, a follow up surgery is often required. Then there is lack of training to be considered, which can further harm patients. For further information on this procedure’s hazards, here is an article on the risks of da Vinci robotic surgery. Due to the potential of damage these types of surgeries can cause, the legal authorities have allowed you to claim compensation if you suffer from injuries during the procedure.
Here are some types of injuries that can occur if the robotic surgery goes wrong:
- Bowel and Bladder Injuries – The mono-polar current used by the robot during the surgery can lead to the tearing of the patient’s bowel, causing severe damage. While sometimes this can be evident during the surgery, in some cases it may become apparent very late and you might have to go through another surgical procedure. If not treated on time, this condition can turn out to be fatal.
- Punctured Uterus – When this robotic system is used to perform hysterectomies, it can often cause a puncture in the uterine. Moreover, it can make a simple surgery more expensive for you. There is also the increased risk of pneumonia that patients may face after going through this surgery.
- Burns, Tears and Perforations in Organs – A robotic surgery puts all your internal organs at greater risk. Because of the malfunctioning of the robot or the surgeon’s loss of control over the console, burns or tears can affect your internal organs. If these perforations go undetected during the original surgery, they can cause internal bleeding and pain, requiring another surgery to prevent any fatal accidents.
So if you or a loved one has suffered from the side effects of da Vinci Robotic surgery, you have the right to file for compensation against those responsible for your injuries. This will help you cover the medical costs of the further treatments you may require due to your injury.