A young child in Austria tried to unplug his vibrant IKEA nightlight. The plastic dome-like covering detached from the plug’s base. The child was shocked by electrical parts that were left dangerously exposed. The child was fine, but retained minor wounds on the hand.
IKEA is the world’s largest furniture retailer, offering everything from bed frames to artistic decor options to Swedish meatballs. The Scandinavian company, which has 338 stores in 40 countries, has recently issued a nightlight product recall to prevent electrical shock instances like this from happening again.
IKEA’s automatic Patrull Nightlight is being recalled. The recall includes all of the white, orange and pink models. In the United States, about 359,000 nightlights are being recalled in addition to the 83,000 that were sold in Canada. However, there were no incidents of shock or injury in the United States.
The children’s nightlight has a colorful dome-shaped plastic covering that may detach from the white square base, exposing electrical parts and creating an electroshock hazard. The nightlight is 2 ¾ inches round by 3 ½ inches long.
Consumers should not use the recalled product. Contact IKEA for a full refund toll-free at 888-966-4532 or make a claim online at IKEA’s website.
Latest posts by CitizensReport (see all)
- 4 Natural Alternatives To Energy Drinks That Will Make You Feel Healthier - July 19, 2017
- What A National Study Says About Blood Clot Filters - July 11, 2017
- Good Sugar, Bad Sugar: Why You Should Eat More Fruit - June 16, 2017